I am so surprised that the first month of our new year is almost gone. I haven’t really started dieting or exercising as of yet, and while that is not a good thing to be reporting to you, I do hope to begin soon (soon is not a good starting time). As for my house, I have cleaned out some closets and kitchen cupboards. My kitchen windows are clean. In the Spring we will tackle the rest of the windows, after all, we do have 11 months left to do them right? That is all of the physical things, that have been done around the house.
Then as I was going through papers, books, and collecting paper clips, rubber bands etc., in the office, I came across a folder that had several e-mails that were sent to me through the years with some good thoughts that keep a person’s mind focused on good things. Some e-mails have made me laugh right out loud, because they were so funny or cute; while other e-mails were very thought provoking. Messages for the heart. So while some sayings make you laugh and other comments are written to soak in your mind and soul, I thought I would share some of these with you.
So, as you get ready to go into a new month, perhaps, they will bless you and put a smile on your face and encourage your heart. Enjoy!!!
- When I was born I was so surprised, I didn’t talk for a year and a half. (Gracie Allen)
- Choose your Friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable. (Anon)
- The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child. (Joe Houldsworth)
- There’s no point in being gown up if you can’t be childish sometimes. (Anon)
- I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for. Perfection is God’s business. (Michael J. Fox)
- You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing. (Michael Pritchard)
I BELIEVE… That the people you care about most in life are taken from you much too soon.
I BELIEVE… That life is more precious than money will ever be able to be.
I BELIEVE… That it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
I BELIEVE… That no matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.
I BELIEVE… That money is a lousy way of keeping score.
I BELIEVE… That sometimes when I ‘m angry, I have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.
I BELIEVE… That either you control your attitude or it controls you.
I BELIEVE… That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
I BELIEVE… That it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
I BELIEVE… That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
I BELIEVE… That no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
Great Rules for 2014:
1. Wake Up!! Decide to have a good day. “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. ” Psalm 118:24
2. Dress Up!! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. “…for the LORD seethe not as man seethe; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” I Samuel 16:7
3. Hush UP!! Say nice things and learn to listen.. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. “He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life:…” Proverbs 13:3
4. Stand Up!!… For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. ” And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good…” Galatians 6: 9-10a
5. Look Up!!… To the Lord. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Philippians 4:13
6. Reach Up!!… For something higher. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path.” Proverbs 3: 5-6
7. Lift Up!!… Your prayers. “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Philippians 4:6
Have a great time enjoying God and His many blessings.