Clipping Coupons in today’s economy with very tight family budgets is considered a dire need.
I would like to share with you some tips in couponing and at the same time, share the free coupon we all need.
1. Subscribe to a newspaper. The paper will give you the updates on what products are the best sale for various weeks. The Bible is the “newspaper” we need in our lives to receive information about our present and future circumstances and happenings.
Romans 10:13 ” For whosover shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
2. Clip only coupons you need now. It will save you time. You can place the other coupons in your folder and clip and use later. The coupon the Bible tells us is found in:
II Corinthians 6:2b “…behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”
3. Coupons are advertisements. That is good because you can choose the coupons that are the best products for you and see in the advertisement what its purpose is and can help fulfill your needs.
Matthew 7:14b “…strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
God gives everyone of us the will to choose. We can choose Christ and follow Him or we can choose the way of destruction. Be wise when choosing.
4. Clip some coupons you want to share with others. By sharing coupons with family and friends, they are informed of what coupons they need and can help them save money also.
That is a great example for us to follow as Christians. Share with people the gospel of Christ that will help them and save their lives.
Matthew 28:19-20 “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world…”
5. Some coupons are offered over and over. That is good for all of us especially when these are products we need and they are priced to fit our needs and budget.
Over and over again we have heard the famous verse:
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. In time, coupons will consume your shopping in a very good way. It gives you power over your budget and you can be blessed. You will want to share with your friends the difference the coupons have made for you and how it has helped your finances and has made it easier to stay within your budget.
II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
7. Shop with a plan. When you have chosen the coupons you will need for the week, you can save time by shopping for only what you need and you can get in and out of the stores in less time. Wow, saving time and money. Great plan.
Daniel planned a head of time what his decision was going to be concerning eating the King’s meat. We need to purpose a head of time that we want to live for God and to be used of God on a daily bases.
Daniel 1:8a “But Daniel purposed in his heart…”
I hope these coupon tips will help you and your family save money and help lessen the stress your family may face on a daily basis. That would be a wonderful thing. I do however, want you to consider the comparison between the coupons we use for family needs and realize the free ‘coupon’ we can receive through accepting Christ as Savior. When we take time to share great coupons with friends, neighbors and family, this is helping them save money. In the same way, we need to share the free gift of salvation that will bring eternal life to them.
By receiving the “Free Coupon” – Christ: your quality of life will change! By sharing the gospel, you’re spiritual satisfaction of giving to others will be seen and felt. You have had a part in them receiving Christ and receiving eternal life.
Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:”
I Corinthians 6:20 “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
For Mentor Moms:
(take an 8 1/2″x11″ card stock paper and make a coupon. Write “free” in the corners of the paper and write, “Christ” in the middle of the page. At the bottom of the page, write. “No Expiration Date”)
(Ad choices by Savings Life Style: Andrea on July 19, 2010)