A young mom may be totally stressed out, goes to her mom for advice because her world is falling apart. Her husband lost his job, Susie needs new shoes, Tommy needs braces, and she found out that she is pregnant again and now they do not have insurance. She can’t see her way! She doesn’t understand what is going on.
Her mother invites her to the kitchen and she suggests that they make a cake. (You can at this time ask if anyone is in this type of situation and can relate. Another great idea is to ask a mom to help with this illustration).
1. The mentor mom puts the cake mix in the bowl.
2. She asks the mom/s if they want to eat a raw egg, that she breaks and puts in a cup? (wait for response) then the mentor adds the egg to the bowl and stirs it.
3. Mentor Mom then offers the mom some veg. oil that is in a cup to taste. (responds: no) She then adds it to the cake.
4. Mentor Mom offers water (not bad, may drink). Saying one circumstance may not be as difficult to handle as another) then adds water to the mix.
5. Mentor Mom then talks to the group: “We don’t want to eat the ingredients separately but they will taste good when added to the cake mix.” (Pour ingredients after mixing into a baking pan ready to put in the oven to bake.)
6. Mentor Mom says, “We might have to go into an oven dealing with all of our circumstances but when everything is given to God – trust Him, pray and think on a positive outcome.”
7. Mentor Mom then pulls out a small decorative cake and then says, “It’s well done”
“It’s ready to enjoy!!!!! It is the same with life” –
“And we know that all things work together for good to them who love God to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his son, that he might be the first born among many brethren.”
Give the decorative cake to the mom that helped with the demonstration. If it is a large group of moms, select 3 ladies to help (each lady for each ingredient) and then have 3 small decorative cakes to give out to each of them.
Take prayer requests and then close in prayer.
This mentor mom moment works best when used after a cooking demonstration at the mom’s group
Items needed: cake mix, bowl, spoon, eggs, oil, water & a small decorated cake ready to eat
(Mom/Daughter Cake – inspirationalstories.wordpress.com)